- Introduction to computer graphics
- The graphics pipeline
- OpenGL, WebGL, and GLSL shader programming
- Stereoscopic perception and rendering
- Head mounted display optics and electronics
- Inertial measurement units: gyros, accelerators, magnetometers
- Sensor fusion: complementary filter, Kalman filter
- Human perception: visual, audio, vestibular, tactile, …
- Guest lectures from VR experts
- … more interesting topics.
The goal for this class is to learn all of these aspects in a hands-on manner. Each assignment is a small piece of a bigger project.
We will NOT learn game development, but study the fundamental building blocks of VR systems and implement all of them.